Push Pier Systems are an effective method for stabilizing and/or lifting sinking or settling foundations. Push Pier Systems utilize high strength round steel tube and load transfer brackets to stabilize existing foundations. Foundation brackets are secured against existing footings and pier sections are driven hydraulically through the foundation brackets and into the soil below using the combined structural weight and any contributory soil load as resistance. Pier sections are continuously driven until a suitable load bearing stratum is encountered. At that point, the structure either begins to lift or the target pressure/load is achieved. The weight of the structure is then transferred from the unstable soil, to the foundation brackets, through the piers, and to firm load bearing soil or bedrock.
Push Pier Advantages:
- Can be installed year-round
- Piers reach greater depth than other options
- Long life span – galvanized steel is resistant to corrosion
- Does not require the use of invasive equipment
- In most cases can lift foundation back to level position
- Restores Property Value