Soil nailing is a method of earth retention that relies on reinforcing strands or helical members installed within a soil mass to create an internally stable gravity wall/retaining system.
There are many advantages in using Soil Nails over other retaining wall strategies.
- It is ideal for tight spaces
- It can be used in irregular shapes
- Less noise and fewer traffic obstructions
- Less impact on surrounding areas
- Minimum shoring is required
- Lower load requirements than tieback anchors systems
- Eliminates the time and expense of placing steel piles
- Can be used to repair other existing wall systems
- It can be used on new construction, temporary structures or on remodeling
- Wall height is not restricted
- Reduced right-of-way requirements